Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Chip,

I just wanted to thank you for how God has worked through you and your music. I know that you play and write music because life would not be life without music. I know that The Pace We're At was about enjoying life by playing music. But I really need to thank you again for the pure, simplistic, and true beauty that is that album.
Some of the things that we have been seeing and doing this year have been the hardest things of my life. I seem to either be drowning under the weight of life, or feeling guilty that I am not drowning.
This morning I listened to The Place We're At, and immediately started crying from the power of the first song. I don't think that I can fully describe to you just how much I needed that song and that album this morning. I have never been more affected by a song.
In a moment when I was wishing time would speed up; in a moment when I was feeling guilty about having electricity and running water; in a moment when I wanted to go home; in a moment when I question whether I should have come here at all; in a moment when I was wondering if I would ever be the same again...
you reminded me that yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not here yet; you reminded me the past wasn't as romantic when it was the present, and the future is unknown; you reminded me that I am living in the now; you reminded me that I need to simply follow the path I'm on and see where it leads; you reminded me that if I worry about where I came from, or where I am going, I will miss the beauty of the trail that I am on now.
I thank God for making you a part of my life. I thank God for the amazing gifts he has given you. And I must thank you for sharing those gifts with me. Thank you for being you, and letting me know you.

Your Brother,
David/Daudi


          I hear a lot of people say they want to go back in time
Well, the good ol’ days - They ain’t for me.
          I don’t want to spend my life lookin’ behind.
          I want to see what tomorrow will bring.

          Let’s get in a boat, Get on the water,
          Float down to where we will be.
          Let’s get on the trail, And we’ll start hiking,
          See where this trail will lead.

          Lot a folk talk about how they wanna go back in time.
          Well, the good ol’ days – Ain’t what there cracked up to be.
          Today is a day we’re alive.
          And today is the future of the days that used to be.
                                                             -Chip Andrus, The Place We’re At
                                        (Available on iTunes for all who have not heard him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment